self-archive part twenty

Today is Tuesday: It is my last day at the museum, and I am pretty glad to move on. I have had wonderfulness happen, and now am looking forward. Last night, I met with Susan at an undisclosed cafe' and we ate light dinners before going to a San Francisco Art Institute Graduate class. This meant that I got a meeting with Susan, and I got to see her discuss her work in a "lecture" type format. Firstly, all of her projects are equally interesting. They deal with so many of the themes I consider. The class was on urban development, so there was no discussion of "Becoming Citizens". She discussed five different projects that all deal with urban development that she had done, and how she exhibited the end result. After that I retreated to my home, and met people that I already knew from other travels. Random. Today I woke up early and went to the museum to attend one of the explainer trainings. It was actually on the Tactile Dome, which I hadn't been in. So now I have. I had pictured it differently. I imagined for some reason a Hensonian black light kingdom. Instead it was total darkness and lots of carpet. One of the girls couldn't go thru. She left right after the begining saying she just can't leave the light. I guess its a scary thing for some. I kept thinking about her saying that "I can't leave the light" over and over as I was crawling through this dark space. I was thinking that light deprivation causes interesting mutations in species. I was thinking about the things that live in caves. In deep dark caves to be exact, and how they have adjusted to see. Its nice to have a facility that addresses how we rely too heavily on our sense of sight. The increase in other senses is allowed to happen in that space. For example, it didn't smell very good, and I realized my hands are dry.

Comments

Popular Posts