i had a blog...

and then I deleted it. Then I started another blog, that was just youtube videos about Tupac and drug psa's i saw as a child. Now, I have decided to start anew, and have this, which I hope to include original drawings and/or photos of the day or week. We shall see how long it lasts....here's to Brian Nicholson (three cheers) for being so pro-blog, that i felt silly for deleting my old one.

which reminds me, was 'Cheers' actually a good show, or did i just like it because i was a child?

Comments

Brian said…
I'm pretty sure that Cheers wasn't a good show. I think you were partly fooled by being a child, but it's worth noting that most sitcoms prior to the nineties weren't really very funny. Ian Svenonius mentions this in his essay about the show Seinfeld helping to gentrify New York. It's true that comedy in general tends to age pretty poorly (To quote David Berman "even old seasons of Saturday Night Live/seem slow-witted and obvious now). Maybe Cheers wasn't a "bad" show- I'm sure it's as amiable and watchable in its way as The Cosby Show, not aggressively horrible like Mama's Family or something similar- but I wouldn't want to watch it anyway.
thank you for quoting David Berman on my blog. joyful tears of the best candy ever stream down my face as I type this.

Popular Posts