self-archive part twenty-one

In the end: While at my last day, I ended up going through the Tactile Dome twice. The second time was at a reserved spot with other visitors. The little kids behind me cheated and used their cellphone flashlights. It ruins the experience if you are looking at the ancient carpet and foam pieces. I mean, really. Cellphones, of course. Tasty, tasty cellphones. I didn't tell on them, or say anything mean. I just continued on my way and that about caves and the way sound works inside caves. I guess they didn't really affect me too much.
I felt really Exploratorium-nized by that point, and was reeling from the vaccinations I had gotten earlier. Typhoid and yellow fever. I guess I am kinda going all out with the vaccines, but I would just feel so ridiculous if I got sick from something I could've gotten a vaccine for. Who knows, maybe I have weird nanorobots in my blood stream now.
I left and rushed to the Chestnut bus. Making my way past the people yelling at their children/or dogs for being children/or dogs, I got to the stop. As always, I felt weird passing by all of this in the night, and anticipated Chinatown/North Beach or Mission - my eventual destinations. I did go to Zeitgeist, and it really showed me how warm San Francisco is. To sit outside at night in November, and not be cold. Of course, I was wearing my new found jacket. All these things were mixing into my knowing. I had gotten a few more books, and was excited wrap it all up.
The train ride was an extremely depressing event. The ticket ran from 10pm to 7pm the next night. I clambored aboard and got situated next to a very nice man from Portland. Good luck with people and seating arrangments. I didn't feel like chatting, I felt like going into a deep and restful sleep, so moved to a free double seat quick enough. I almost fell asleep staring out of the lounge car window, thinking about reading Leonard Cohen's Beautiful Losers. I woke up in my seat staring at a snowy wonderland. It was so magnificient. To wake up in a totally different yet super magical snow land. A gift. Then I fell back asleep.
When I awoke, it was to the consistent annoucing of meal reservation times. People were funneled to eat in their time slots. Because it was Thanksgiving, it was silly. Almost no one was on the train. I was there, some various youths. Then there was a couple, and some average a-dults, or whatever. The staff looked like people that had family at home, they would probably be eating some kind of dinner with - the ridership we all looked content in solitude in public on another made up holiday. I can' t stop thinking that Thanksgiving is super terrible. Super terrible. Not tasty, just bad.

Comments

Popular Posts