self-archive part eighteen

Lightnin' Hopkins: Today at the Museum, there was a film called "The Blues According to Lightnin' Hopkins". It was a camera following him around to rodeos, barbeques and backyards/train tracks. I was totally immersed in the film, but i'll also admit that it was short. It was in 16mm and was played as a portion of their recently released "Listen" exhibit on the mezzanine. I was very excited to see this exhibit but many exhibits were broken. I also felt like acoustic instruments could've been more incorporated. If their staff new instrument maker would've created several that could go on the floor besides the theremin (super awesome) and the pitch-something. I understand that is a personal preference though. The person next to me is talking about how she's "wastefully spending my money. its depressing she's spent 500 dollars and she's only been here three days. Disgraceful".
The film was so incredible though. If I were to have a critique it would be that a family started eating popcorn in a no food/drink theatre towards to end. Not the Exploratorium's fault. I considered saying something, but instead cuffed my ears like a mouse to better focux. I already knew about him and had gone through a deep blues obsession in Chicago already. It was "an honor" i suppose to see this film. The color was so beautiful and it really made me miss Georgia. When in reality the physical landscape - now she's checking her bank statement online - has been "developed" It already was when I was young, and somehow it just gets worse. The music was excellent and I thought the space has great taste. .

Comments

Popular Posts