its finally coming together

Since I've last written, we've had visitors and our schedules were overboard. I also shampooed the carpet and painted my nails fire engine red. Then I decided to cut my bangs incredibly short and remove split ends from the rest of my mane. Lastly, I put together a baby registry since I was 6 weeks from the due date. Together this group of activities really made me feel very outside of myself.

I generally assume that mostly people who know me visit this site, but there is potential that some of you are strangers. I have had an extreme disinterest in behavior that is typically seen as feminine. I've always related to the masculine. I'm not really going to go into why, it has always been - and I don't want to sound like I am bashing what is loosely defined as femme behavior because I am not. It could be all the estrogen, as I'm expecting a girl but perhaps it has something to do with aging?

Then I was left with nothing to do but finish the massive organizing project I started on the house that I previously posted on. Actually what helped me finish the majority of what I was able to get to were gifts from the registry and I am very grateful.  I'm about to try use Kondo's techniques on my clothes  and find some artwork and plants and then it is over. I'll have a week to make art work, possibly I'll extend my residency to my due date. Last night and this morning, I have gotten really inspired looking at the other participants of A Residency in Motherhood.


Comments

Popular Posts