self-archive part eight

External surroundings: I took a different bus here today, so that I could get a different view on approach. I took the 43 from Balboa Park; it winds all thru the west side of the city. I went through Haight Ashbury section and saw it for the first time. It reminds me of Little 5 Points in ATL. A lot of clothing shops, and people asking for change. I saw a huge line to get into a shoe store and laughed. I got off the bus at Presidio (or was it Lombard) and Baker. Its a block or two and it puts you at the rear of the Exploratorium. Its not as magical of a way to enter because the lagoon is obscured and you walk around the building the Exp. is actually housed in which is plain brownish stucco. It isn't very interesting, but it afforded me a view of my first signage! The neighborhood is wealthy. It is the closest residential area to the water and Golden Gate bridge. Marina district is very close and has many businesses. I can't figure out how to work the camera I borrowed to bring, which is problematic at best. I may have only drawings to bring back. The homes are in the beautiful Spanish-y style with tile rooves and broad windows. The yacht dock is also within a stones throw of here.

Comments

Popular Posts