ARIM update four

I must confess...I am still cleaning, purging and organizing my work space and home. I read some articles singing the praises of Marie Kondo's work and they reminded me of several things I had learned about preparing a Montessori classroom. I taught Pre-K art at  Montessori preschool and their space is very intentional, much like a Kondo approach - every single item has its one place that it goes. It is always there unless you are using it, so I started to approach my house with this vision.

I've been through the playroom, the bedroom, the kitchen, the living room and lastly I have my studio space. I have procrastinated and put it off but this week, I should finally be getting to the making of art! After I ruthlessly evaluate everything in the space to whether I will honestly use it or if it brings me joy. I started this experience by trying to make my house feel good to be in and now its a taken on a life of its own. I tend to see the tasks I want to do instead of the progress thus far.

Also, I unearthed many rolls of undeveloped medium format film. We'll see what I have in there and start printing again.


Comments

Popular Posts